Barbie 12 Inch Doll Bodysuit Pattern
And for 12 Inch Frozen Elsa and Anna Dolls
Also for Other 12 Inch Dolls with Similar Body Types
Designed by Susan Helene Kramer
Barbie 12 Inch Doll by Mattel 1999 - shown standing and sitting
Easy Sewing Project
To make pattern first make one inch graph paper, then draw the pattern to match the picture. You may use this pattern for yourself but not commercially.
- One quarter yard fabric for bodysuit
- A very small sticky dot for front closure - no buttons if children will play with outfit
1/4 inch seam allowance is included in pattern.
- Cut four pieces of pattern - two right side up, two right side down.
- Make the opening for the doll to step into in the front, from neckline down to below waist.
- Sew center seams of front pieces with that opening. Sew entire back seam. Now you have a front and back piece.
- Sew front and back shoulder seams together.
- Sew all hems by rolling in one eighth inch twice and blind stitching by hand for a finished look.
- Sew back to front underarm seams.
- Sew front to back crotch seam.
- Overlap front finished hem, and sew on sticky dot about one inch down from neckline.
Tip: I hand-sew all doll clothes. This bodysuit took 2 hours to sew.
Article and photographs copyright Susan Helene Kramer
Baby Christening Gown
~ please visit again soon! ~
sitemap with many patterns
page created June 26, 2014