Memories from the Past
Jenkins, Kramer, Pribyl, Kaspar, Powell, Melocik
1. David Henry Jenkins at far left - his regiment
at Frederick, Maryland, 1911.
2. The signatures of the men in the photo
above from the back of the photo are listed below L.
to R. Jenkins, Atkinson, McNicholas, Amos,
Knight, Saxaby, Brobacon, Risfafa, Cox, N. Nicholas, Hancock, Smith.
3. March 16, 1930. Francis
(Frank) Henry A. Powell, age 80, the father of May P. Jenkins, Sula Kramer and
Henry Powell, and the maternal grandfather of Walter R. Kramer, Cornelia Mae
Hoffman and Mary Rachel (Mitchie) Pribyl.
Taken at Fair Oaks on the Magothy.
4. December 14, 1941. L. to R. David Jenkins,
Sula Hay, Mitchie Kramer, May Jenkins. The Chesapeake
Bay retriever being held is Ben II. Fair Oaks on the Magothy.
5. About 1957 at Fair Oaks. L. to R. Mitchie Pribyl,
Susan Kramer, Sharon Kramer, Lyn Moreland, David Kramer.
6. The Pribyl
family L. to R. back row: William (Bill), Mary, Edward, Mr. Pribyl
front row L. to R: Lewis, Teresa, Mrs. Pribyl 1945?
Ed Pribyl is the husband of Mary (Mitchie) who is Roland Kramer's sister.
7. 1924 - Helene Melocik's
marriage to Frances (Frank) Kaspar standing at far
Left to right standing: Harry Hoffman, Joseph Melocik, cousin Adam Melocik, Frank Kaspar. Left to right sitting: ?, Agnes Hoffman, Helen Kaspar, Mary Ann Lenhart
8. Paul John Kaspar
- Helene and Frank's son. May 1944.
8a. Paul Kaspar as a teen - photo added December 2014 from collection of Aunts Vera and Martha Melocik:
9. Jane Frances Kaspar - Helene and Frank's oldest daughter and Susan
Kramer's mother circa 1943-45; Jane's poetry.
Jane's eldest daughter
10. Mary Pribyl
(Bob Larche's mother - see band picture below), and
Jane Kaspar (Susan's mother) - possibly 1945.
11. Paul Kaspar and Mary Anne (Murnie). Murnie is Helene and
Frank's younger daugther. Brian Kaspar,
Paul's oldest son at right. 1964?
12. Paul Kaspar (the son), Steven and Chris James. Murnie's sons. 1964?
13. Paul, Brian, Francis Kaspar
- Paul's sons. 1964?
14. L. to R. Brian, Pat, Kate and Beth Kaspar, Mary Fitzpatrick (Fitz) holding Mary Ellen James
and Charlie James.
15. At Susan Kramer's house in Annapolis: L to R: Chris James, Paul Kaspar, Charlie James, Murnie, Mary Kate Kaspar, Pat Kaspar, Francis Kaspar, Merri-Ellen James, Brian Kaspar, Grandmother - Helen Kaspar, Beth Kaspar, Michelle James, Steven James.
16. Susan Kramer's children
with their Uncle Paul Kaspar.
L. to R. Marjorie, Uncle Paul holding Sarada, Michael. 2/17/81 in Goleta, California.
When Michael married, he and his wife Lisa bought the house right across the street and still live there.
17. Jane and Roland Kramer with Sharon, David
and Susan August, 1952.
Below; Roland with granddaughter (Susan's youngest daughter), Sarada Svensson, 2 years old, 1982 at Fair Oaks.
18. 1982. Sarada Wadhams (Susan youngest daughter) with grandpa Walter R. Kramer, Fair Oaks on the Magothy.
19. Susan Kramer on swing on side of Jenkin's house at Fair Oaks, 1949.
20. David Kramer's band: L. to R. David
Kramer, Steve Kurrle, Bob Larche
(the son of Mary Pribyl Larche
in the photo above of the Pribyl family), and Bob
21. Washington Zoo: L. to R. David Kramer, Bob Larche, Carol Larche, Susan Kramer
more family photos:
Family and Travels in The Netherlands 2001 and Family in Maryland, USA http://www.susankramer.com/familypix.html
Paul Kaspar - 80th Birthday Party http://www.susankramer.com/paulkaspar.html
page updated: May 2, 2014 - names on photo 7 from cousin
Francis X. Melocik