Ingredients to make one eight inch by thirteen inch pan of lasagna: Preheat oven to 425 F. or 220 C.
- 4 ounces or 125 grams of dry lasagna noodles
- 6 ounce (200 gram) can of tomato pieces
- 4 ounce (125 gram) can of tomato sauce
- Seasonings for sauce: oregano, garlic powder, pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced thin, 4 ounces zucchini sliced thin, or other veg of choice
- 8 ounce (225 gram) tub of ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces (125 gram) grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces (225 gram) shredded mozzarella cheese
Boil lasagna noodles in water with a dash of vegetable oil for 2 minutes, drain and soak in cold water till ready to use.
Make tomato sauce:
Sauté vegetables in a bit of olive oil for one minute, add in tomato chunks, tomato sauce and seasonings and heat through.
Spray non-stick coating on 8 inch by 13 inch baking dish. Spoon half tomato sauce mixture over bottom. Lay on half the cooked noodles to cover sauce. Spoon on dollops of ricotta cheese. Sprinkle on garlic powder. Lay on 2nd layer of noodles. Cover with remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle on parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit or 220 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes till top is nicely browned, like in photo, and ingredients are bubbling. Remove from oven and let set to settle for 10 minutes. Cut into squares before serving.
Recipe and photo by Susan Helene Kramer
page created October 13, 2017