8 Inch Baby Dolls Nightgown -
Pattern and Sewing Instructions
For Corolle Mini Calin - Gotz Mini Muffin - Zapf Mini Baby Dolls
pattern is for nightgowns for 8 inch (20cm) mini baby dolls, such as Gotz Mini Muffin, Corolle Mini Calin, Zapf and similar baby dolls.
This pattern is my original design and may not be used commercially.
I have made the .jpg images to the true size of the pattern. But if they do not print out with 1 inch squares, then here are directions to make your own graph paper, to then transfer the patterns. I recommend first trying to open this page in the print friendly version and then printing out to save yourself some time and effort.
To make your 1 inch square (2.5cm) grid graph paper
First, take an 8.5x11 inch piece of plain paper and draw 1 inch squares - I do this by drawing horizontal lines 1 inch apart down the page, and then vertical lines 1 inch apart across the page.
Next, looking at the .jpg image you want to enlarge, copy what is in each of my squares into your larger squares.
Seam allowances of one quarter inch are included.
Because this is such a small doll you do not need much material to make the nightgown. One quarter yard or meter is sufficient.
This is an extra easy pattern with no type of closure needed for the neck opening.
To dress your doll, first put the shirt over the head, then insert one arm, then the other. It is a loose fit for a casual look.
Very Important -
nightgown pattern needs to be extended 2 inches (5cm) front and back so the
finished nightgown is 6 inches from shoulder to hem.
Cut one nightgown piece on the fold. (Note the pattern piece is also for a shirt and is labeled as such.) Cut one facing piece on the fold. No alterations are needed for the facing pattern.
Cut out the facing piece on the fold and turn up the long rounded outside edge one eighth inch, one time, and hem all around.
- Lay out the nightgown piece finished side up. Lay the facing piece over top with finished sides together. The long edge of the facing should be lined up over the shirt front.
- Cut a slit one inch down the front through both the facing and shirt front, starting at the neck edge at center front to form an opening.
- Sew the facing to the neck edge and down around the front opening. Clip curves and turn facing to inside and press seam.
- Roll up sleeve edge one eighth inch twice and blind stitch.
- Line up front to back of shirt, finished sides facing and sew underarm and side seam. Make seam one quarter inch wide.
- The last step is to roll up lower edge one eighth inch twice and blind stitch hem.
It took me 2 hours to sew the nightgown by hand.
lace trim and satin ribbon as in photos if you wish. I used cotton flannel
material for the nightgown.
And, of course, Floppy, the Cyber Doll House mascot is in the scene as usual, and gives you an idea of just how mini this special baby doll is!
Article, Patterns and Photos by Susan Helene Kramer
For 15 to 18 Inch Dolls
E-pattern by Susan Kramer
Inspired by doll of Laura Ingalls Wilder
E-patterns by Susan Kramer
Baby Christening Gown
Dolls sitemap with many
page created February 25, 2013