Shirley Temple 12 Inch Doll Bodysuit Pattern
Also for Other 12 Inch Dolls with Similar Body Types
Designed by Susan Helene Kramer
Shirley Temple 12 Inch Doll by Ideal 1982 - shown standing and sitting
Very Easy Sewing Project
To make pattern first make one inch graph paper, then draw the pattern to match the picture. The PDF ebook has a full-size pattern.
You may use this pattern for yourself but not commercially.
- One quarter yard fabric for bodysuit
- A sticky dot for front closure - no buttons if children will play with outfit
One quarter inch seam allowance is included in pattern.
- Cut four pieces of pattern.
- Make the opening for the doll to step into in the front, from neckline down to below waist.
- Sew center seams of front pieces with that opening. Sew entire back seam. Now you have a front and back piece.
- Sew front and back shoulder seams together.
- Sew back to front underarm seams.
- Sew front to back crotch seam.
- Now sew all hems by rolling in one eighth inch twice and blind stitching by hand for a finished look.
- Overlap front finished hem, and sew on sticky dot about one inch down from neckline.
Article and photographs copyright Susan Helene Kramer
Baby Christening Gown
~ please visit again soon! ~
sitemap with many patterns
page created May 21, 2013